As a System76 CNC Programmer, you will be crafting open hardware computers and accessories using a variety of production machinery. You understand and embrace that change is good, and enjoy solving problems and improving our products and processes.
The System76 production crew has a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. You’ll work with a team dedicated to delivering exceptional products for the Open Source community and beyond. You are comfortable working with people from all walks of life. You're always looking out for our staff and customers' best interests and understand that safety is paramount in everything you undertake.
Your work will shape the future of the company and the products we share with our customers.
- Program and run CNC mill
- Program and run CNC laser punch combo
- Program and run CNC press brake
- Program additional custom CNC machines and controllers
- Set up, operate, troubleshoot and maintain CNC machinery
- Run production and prototyping jobs
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Consider tools required to cut particular materials and program machines accordingly
- QA testing to ensure products meet design specifications
- Work closely with product engineers and designers
- Provide product design feedback for machine and production optimization
- Writing work instructions
- Train other staff to properly operate CNC machinery
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Programming and running CNC machinery in a manufacturing setting
- G-codes and blueprint reading
- Must enjoy teamwork, learning, variety, and working with your hands
- Good problem solving, written and verbal communication, and self-management skills
- Comfortable with manual crafting
- CAD CAM (fusion 360 preferred)
- Fixture design
- Understanding that safety is paramount
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods
- Bonus - Experience with HAAS and Trumpf machinery
- Bonus - Robotic arm programming
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
Salary $60k to $75k
To be considered for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.