System76 Support Technicians are integral to shaping the quality of System76 products while ensuring industry leading customer satisfaction. You're responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical help questions. You have a knack for communicating clear solutions to technical problems and you take pride in successful outcomes. You feel a strong sense of urgency to quickly resolve customer needs. You are detail oriented and you follow every issue through to its completion. If you see anything dropped, you go out of your way to pick it up.
The ideal candidate is a Pop!_OS user that’s passionate about Open Source Software. You want to see Pop!_OS in everyone's hands and you want to help make that happen. You understand that a customer's experience with a company is just as important as the product the company ships. You want to be a part of building the next generation computer company.
- Handle inbound technical inquiries effectively and efficiently through the use of proactive customer service and call control techniques and proven technical troubleshooting procedures
- Create an exceptional experience for the customer by using professional customer service techniques, personalizing and focusing on adding value to the customer experience
- Retain existing customers through the use of proactive consulting techniques enabling customers to perceive value in the service while building confidence in System76
- Resolve customer questions and concerns efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques and by focusing on adding value
- Resolve problems on the first contact, with minimum supervision, and consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding
- Manipulate systems to resolve customer inquiries and reproduce customer's technical issues
- Stay abreast of ongoing technological and product lineup changes as well as business strategy
- Adhere to company standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain a consistently positive attitude and support System76's effort in being the best computer company bar none
- Log all interactions in detail
- Customer follow-up via phone, email, and social media forums
- Assist with Service and Sales queues as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Professional customer service experience
- Technical troubleshooting experience
- Proven ability in solving problems with hardware and software across desktops, laptops and servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Punctual.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize objectives
- Ability to type at least 30WPM
Desirable skills and experience:
- You use Pop!_OS as your primary operating system
- Strong familiarity with Pop!_OS and Ubuntu
- Participant in the open source community (forums, LoCo, mailing lists)
- A strong desire to help users who are brand new to Ubuntu and Open Source
- Technical degree/s and/or certification/s
- High level of proficiency with computer hardware
Please click here to apply.
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.