As a full-stack web developer at System76, you implement and continuously improve top-notch user experiences. You work collaboratively with engineers and the marketing team to bring ideas and designs to life.
- Customer-facing websites: Our marketing team is creative and ambitious. Use cutting-edge technologies to bring their ideas to life.
- Employee-facing tools: Maintain and improve the front-ends for internal systems including inventory and product assembly
- API: Consume, document, and help maintain our API
- Code Reviews: Participate in code reviews
- Assets: Maintain and occasionally edit/optimize assets provided by the design and marketing team
- Maintenance: Help maintain and port legacy code to newer codebases
- Integrate: Help integrate third party microservices into our stack
Required Skills & Experience
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (PostCSS)
- Experiencing writing web apps that consume a RESTful JSON API
- Able to follow human interface and style guides
- Able to take a design and turn it into a fully-functioning web page
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Prismic
- Experience with Shopify Plus
- Experience with GraphQL
- Be comfortable reading and understanding a legacy PHP codebase
- Be passionate about open source and Linux
- Have experience working on smaller teams and/or open structure
- Love to write documentation (API, usage patterns)
- Have Ruby and/or Elixir experience
- Have experience or familiarity with automated test suites
$75k - $95k annual + benefits
System76 is the leading provider of Pop!_OS & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, parental leave and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for this position:
Send links to your resume, portfolio, GitHub account, and any relevant work online to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be given a code challenge that is relevant to the skills and responsibilities expected of the position.