At System76, you’ll play a key role in building and growing the world’s leading Linux computer manufacturer. We’re architecting systems and writing integrations to more efficiently manage ecommerce, inventory, production, assembly, support and other processes. In the near future, you’ll architect the backend for Pop!_OS synchronization across computers.
As Senior Backend Engineer, architecture design and elegant APIs are your forte. You’re well-versed in infrastructure management, devops, and database management. You’ve integrated numerous third-party APIs and managed both greenfield and legacy web apps.
- Provide technical leadership within the web team
- Architect, and author system backends
- Design, develop and document System76 APIs
- Work with front-end developers to integrate APIs and develop application logic and features
- Run, manage, and maintain System76’s cloud servers and web apps; and ensure infrastructure, scalability and constant uptime
- Integrate third party APIs and write custom APIs when necessary
- 5+ years working in a production environment
- Experience designing web application architecture and APIs
- Experience integrating and managing third party API services
- Elixir and Phoenix framework or extensive Ruby experience
- Git and Github
- Ansible and Terraform
- Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization
- CI (Preferably using Github Actions)
- Experience with rabbitmq and gRPC
- Ubuntu server management
- $150-$170k annual + benefits
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, parental leave and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for this position, send your resume and links to any source code you have online to email@example.com.